Saturday 8 September 2012

Summer Music

What a fantastic summer for music it has been!

I went to an amazingly unique festival called Wilderness - watch this space for a published review. It really was the epitome of cool, weird, and hippie - definitely a must for next year. Guess who managed to have a chat with their favourite big haired musician, King Charles, again! I actually managed to keep calm, despite the fact that I was melting inside due to his pure sexiness #fangirling! He even called me a 'silly girl' because I hadn't got myself a ticket to see him at reading. He also declared that he was on the hunt for a girl to kiss - PICK ME CHARLES, PICK ME





The Stone Roses have been the soundtrack to my car journeys ever since I was little, so to actually have had the chance to see the Mancunian legends live at V festival was a personal summer highlight. The Stone Roses, The Killers, Miles Kane and Noel Gallagher were absolutely fantastic. They made all the difference to V festival, which otherwise had a pretty shit line up compared to previous years. 

I don't even think I can bring myself to talk about Reading and Leeds. I am BITTERLY jealous of anyone that got to go and listen to the entire contents of my music collection in one place. I embarrassingly burst into tears when I saw Fearne and Gregg's coverage of the festival on BBC3 where they showed Green day's (badly kept) secret show. Alt-J, Jake Bugg, King Charles, Tribes, The Cure and almost every other band were amazing to watch on TV and I'm certain even better to watch within the festival atmosphere. I definitely won't be making that mistake again - Bring on Reading 2k13!!








No comments:

Post a Comment