Friday 4 January 2013

BBC Sound of 2013 winners

Haim have been announced as the winners of the BBC Sound of 2013. The three girls from LA are all sisters, and make music that has been compared to Fleetwood Mac and the like. Perhaps I'm just bitter that Peace didn't get the title, but Haim just don't do it for me. I'll admit that they're talented, but I just don't get that excited feeling rushing through my body followed by an overwhelming instinct to click repeat and tell everyone about them when I listen to them. I actually find them annoying, and I just can't put my finger on why. In the video for 'Forever,' the lead singer does this over exaggerated short breathe thing and it just irritates me and makes me feel like they're just trying to be that cool hippie girl band that have no limits. I suppose it's at least refreshing to see a girl band that's far from similar to the diabolical girl bands around the minute like Little Mix and Stooshe.
Time will tell if 2013 will be Haim's year; they've got a lot to compete with. Have a listen and see what you think - maybe you'll find them more interesting than I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment