Friday 26 October 2012

Gig season has started!!

So the infamous gig season has started. I've already been to three and i'm worn out! I've got so many more which means MANY reviews will be coming your way.

Bastille were absolutely amazing last week. I'd been looking forward to their gig for ages and I was definitely not left disapointed; especially as I got to meet half of the amazing Swiss Lips (fantastic support act) and Dan from Bastille himself.





Remember The Carpels? Well, they supported Reverend at the Makers at the o2 academy last week. I was looking forward more to The Carpels than I was for Reverend and the Makers, but I was pleasantly surprised; I enjoyed The Revs way more than I thought I would, despite the fact I looked completely out of place in a sea of 'proper' men (they all looked like they were members in Bikers groups - tattoos, the hair, the piercings, the leather jackets etc).
Ian McClure did an impromptu gig outside the academy once the main show was over. It was such a special moment, and he didn't get nicked (major bonus seeing as though we were surrounded by riot vans). Watch this video (it's not mine - all credit to 'I am Birmingham').


On Wednesday, I saw Dog is Dead - great band with loads of energy! I'm not as in to their music as a lot of the people there were, but it was still a great gig nonetheless. A highlight was one of their support acts, Beans on Toast (yes, the act is really called Beans on Toast). Beans on Toast is made up on one witty, talented, amazing man (or should I say MDMAmazing)...




NB - It's always the same two faces in these pictures, so just to let you know, I'm the Brunette.

Thanks for reading to the end! That was a long one

Stay tuned as reviews of ALL these gigs will be uploaded and published asap x

No comments:

Post a Comment