Friday 30 November 2012

Backstage at the Vaccines




Last night was pretty surreal!
I met Jack, the organiser of Chazzstock, after the Vaccines gig, and he'd amazingly sorted me out with a back stage pass. Ever since Chazzstock things have been really crazy and it's thanks to Jack that I've been able to do all of this. Thank you so much!


A couple of years ago, I'd be the crazed fan waiting in the freezing cold at the stage door for hours after a gig. Now, I get to chat with fantastic musicians and have intelligent conversations with them, rather than just melt and awkwardly ask for photos (although I couldn't resist getting a photo with the guitarist, Freddie).

I look pretty dishelved from moshing all night!
Freiddie (left) Jack (right)
I met Charlie's mum which was really special. It was really moving to hear that this gig was the first she'd been to since he passed away, and the last concert she saw him play was at the o2 in Birmingham when Ou Est Le Swimming Pool supported La Roux. It's weird to think that I was at that gig too. She seemed so genuinely grateful that I went to Chazzstock and she thanked me for my review of the festival too. What a really brave and lovely lady. 

All in all, it was a really amazing night. The gig itself was, as always, phenomenal. The Vaccines still remain in my top 5 live band ever. I'm still bruised, battered and aching but at least I'm not covered in my own and other people's sweat any more.  That's what gigging is all about! I'll be writing a review of it for Counteract Magazine so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment