Monday 26 November 2012

Update

With applications to Universities on the go along with an obscene amount of gigging, things have been pretty crazy recently; hence the lack of activity on here.

I’ve had a pretty amazing month or two though! At the last update I did, I’d just interviewed the Ghosts. Since then I’ve seen:

  • Dry the River
  • The Killers
  • The Traps
 I also got to interview The Traps which was beyond cool (another famous-ish contact to add the list haha). After their gig downstairs, I interviewed the lead singer outside in the beer garden (although it wasn't much of a garden). It was such an amazing interview and I’m unbelievably happy with how it went. I recorded it on my phone so it would be easier to transcribe but oh my god it’s SO embarrassing listening back to myself. I sound annoyingly obnoxious and I’m like ‘ha yar totally cool’ every few minutes. The venue was so cool, I loved the Flapper. After the interview, I celebrated with copious amounts of vodka and a good dance to Nirvana and System of a Down – what a great fucking pub.

  • Spector (best gig ever)
  • Mystery Jets
 I’ve saved the best news till last. Last week, I interviewed Swim effing Deep OMG. Before their gig supporting Mystery Jets at the HMV I got to meet Austin and Higgy. I left sixth form early to go to Town because I had a plan of getting them all individual presents. Luckily I changed my mind because I realised that was kind of weird. Instead, I got them one of those cute iced hearts from the German Market with ‘Birmingham’ written on it. It’s funny because while I was at the German Market, I walked past Austin and Higgy who of course had no idea who I was (yet) but nevertheless I smiled at them like some crazed fan girl. I don’t think they recognised me later on … or maybe they did and were like why is that weird Cheshire cat interviewing us.
After a bit of an issue with phone malfunctions, I finally met Max the tour manager, who was interestingly French and looked a bit like Hagrid, and he led me and Nicola (the blonde girl in all the photos aka my best friend and assistant) to the Old Crown pub in Digbeth. By that point I was at the brink of fainting with nerves/excitement. There was no need to be nervous at all; it was all so amazing. Austin, Higgy and their friend were eating pizza just being cool. Nicola videoed it all so I technically have a video of Higgy eating haha … creepy but kinda cool. The whole situation was really surreal because I love their music so much. They've clearly got personalities worth loving too. I can't believe how genuine, funny and intelligent they were. Incredible band, incredible interview. I love what I do so much - I get to meet amazing people without coming across as a crazed stalker - fucking brilliant. 







No comments:

Post a Comment